You Are Reading

how (not) to write like a designer: 5 tricks you didn't learn in studio

Like many designers, I struggle with writing and what to write about. I don't want to fill a paragraph with unnecessary design jargon that no-one understands only to make design more obscure than it already it is. I also find it difficult to explain the design process behind some ideas and concepts in layman's terms. My mind is always going 200 mph and I tend to skip words because I can't seem to type fast enough to get out what I am trying to say. This blog is a way for me not only to share my ideas and inspirations but also a place for me to improve my writing. I just finished reading this article by freelance design writer, blogger, podcaster, and editor William Bostiwick, and found it useful and interesting. So all my designer friends out there, you should take 5 minutes and read what he has to say. 

photo by Robert Patrick

Comments for this entry

prada, marfa

prada, marfa
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.