You Are Reading

before there was cad...

there were these furniture templates. This vintage Herman Miller one found here, is a great example of what our (designer/architect) predecessors used before our time. I do have to say that when it came to taking the NCIDQ I used templates similar to these to complete the test. Before the test I had not used them since my freshman year at Colorado State. I sometimes wish that I could slow my work down a little bit to appreciate the craft and art of hand drafting rather than plugging numbers and commands at a computer. 

Comments for this entry

prada, marfa

prada, marfa
 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.